For the second year, the Centennial Youth Commission has launched a Youth Achievement Awards program. This program intends to honor and recognize youth that live in the City of Centennial who have made a significant impact on the Centennial community through volunteer work or other special deeds and actions. Two Centennial youth will be recognized for demonstrating exceptional leadership.
Two monetary awards will be given to the recipients. A graduating high school senior will receive a $1,000 scholarship, from SAFEBuilt Colorado. A student in ninth, tenth or eleventh grade will receive a $500 award.
To enter the Youth Achievement Award program, the following requirements must be met:
1. The applicant’s legal residence is located in the City of Centennial at the time of application and at the time of presentation of award.
2. The applicant must be a student.
3. The applicant has made a significant impact on or contribution to the City of Centennial and/or its residents.
4. The applicant’s qualifying project or the performance of qualifying deeds or actions identified in the application were conducted within 24 months prior to the date that the application is received.
5. The City of Centennial must receive all required application materials including the adult recommendation and school transcripts by 5:00 PM on Friday, May, 2011.
To complete the application, the applicant should:
1. Fully answer each page of the application and submit it to the Centennial Youth Commission by 5:00 pm on May 20, 2011.
2. Write a 400 – 500 word essay describing, in detail, the positive impact that was made to the community.
3. A copy of the applicants’ school transcript (grades) and recommendation mailed directly to the Centennial Youth Commission by May 20, 2011.
Applications and supporting materials may be obtained from and should be mailed to:
City of Centennial
Attn: Youth Commission Liaison
13133 East Arapahoe Road
Centennial, CO 80112
For further information, call the City of Centennial at (303) 325-8000 or email the Youth Commission Liaison at email@example.com.
Applications are due by 5:00 pm Friday, May 20, 2011.
You must be logged in to post a comment.