- Check your smoke detectors for battery life.
- Make sure your CO detectors are within 15′ of those bedrooms doors, and make sure they test out on their batteries too.
- Has your furnace been cleaned, serviced and safety checked in a while?
- Time to pull in all those hoses and make sure they are disconnected from the hose bib.
- Sprinkler systems = Winterization
- When do you put your snow tires on?
- Gutters clean and drain freely?
- Remove debris from around the house where rodents nest for the winter.
- One last mowing and get that winterization feed on the lawn.
- Check your weatherstripping.
- Check the battery life in your programmable thermostat.
- Close off the drafts from that whole house fan.
- Re-Program your outside lighting.
- Make that snow shovel and snow blower easy to access.
I know it sounds like an insurmountable list, but winter takes no prisoners, but planning can move “Old Man Winter” down the street.
You must be logged in to post a comment.