Here’s a quick fact sheet:
- Planning for the project started almost 30 years ago.
- Permitting of the original project (120 foot tall dam impounding 16,200 Acre feet of water) began in 1999.
- Approval of the original project was granted in 2004.
- Construction on the original project started in September 2004.
- Approval for the enlarged project 184 foot tall dam impounding 72,000 Acre feet of water was granted in April of 2008.
- Construction of the enlarged project began in September of 2008.
- Completion of the project is anticipated in spring of 2012.
- By the time the project is complete:
- 15,000,000 cubic yards of earth will have been placed in the dam.
- 30,000 cubic yards of concrete will have been placed.
- 5,600 tons of steel will have be used.
- The final reservoir has a capacity of 72,000 Acre feet of water which equates to 23,461,200,000 gallons of water.
- The surface area of the filled reservoir will be 1,200 Acres or 1.5 times thesiz Creek Reservoir.
- The deepest point the reservoir will be 184 feet below the surface.
- There will be over 14 of shoreline.